I/O Modules for PROFIBUS
For connecting sensors and actuators in industrial applications, we offer a wide range of I/O modules for PROFIBUS under the brand name ICPDAS. Fieldbus components are available that support the widely used PROFIBUS protocol and offer different inputs and outputs for physical measurement variables:
- PROFI-5000 series: Our standard modules support the PROFIBUS protocol with max. 10 analog and 24 digital inputs and outputs per module
- PROFI-8000 series: Our expandable PROFIBUS modules with 1/2/4/8 I/O slots for direct integration of additional I/Os from the I-8000 and I-87000 series. The plug-in I/O modules can be individually combined.
The PROFIBUS protocolThe PROFIBUS I/O modules are ideal for extending applications in manufacturing, process and building automation. In addition, ICPDAS also offers converters and gateways for easy integration of other bus protocols to PROFIBUS networks.
What is an PROFIBUS protocol and how does it work?
PROFIBUS (Process Field Bus) is a multi-master system that enables the operation of different devices via a real-time bus. The PROFIBUS protocol supports fast communication without special interface adaptation. With more than 40 million devices in use worldwide, PROFIBUS has become the world market leader due to its standardization, stability and versatility.
Analog and digital inputs and outputs for PROFIBUS
Our PROFIBUS I/O modules capture analog and digital signals:
- Analog inputs for direct connection of volts, mV, mA and thermocouples
- Digital inputs
- Analog outputs enable control and regulation via current (0 ~ +20 mA or +4 ~ +20 mA)
- Digital outputs with Open Collector, sink and up to 650mA per channel
- Relay outputs
Functions of the PROFIBUS I/O modules
Our PROFIBUS I/O modules are equipped with the following technical functions:
- Baud rate - from 9.6 to 12 Mbps
- 124 slaves - with max. 244 bytes per input/output per slave
- Configuration - via the master with GSD file
- Isolation - overvoltage protection, 4kV ESD protection and 3000 VDC isolation
- For industrial use - standard equipment for DIN rail mounting and operating temperature range from -25°C to +75°C